Based on your needs, you can choose the best health insurance policy. It should cover an acceptable room rent in any city, medical and surgical costs, as well as common treatment costs like cataract surgery, knee surgery, and dialysis. A good insurer should offer a variety of health insurance plans suitable for different sections of the population, including individual health plans, family floater plans, senior citizen health plans, top-up plans, and cancer and heart disease plans.
Here is a list of the best health insurance companies in India that fit our needs.
1. Care Health Insurance
Previously, Care Health Insurance was called Religare health insurance. The Care Health Insurance Company is one of the best health insurance companies in India offering health insurance, critical illness insurance, personal accident insurance, top-up coverage, international travel insurance, maternity, and group health insurance.
2. Tata AIG Health Insurance
ICRA gives Tata AIG Insurance an AAA rating for its ability to pay claims and fulfill policyholder obligations in a timely fashion. It is a 20-year-old joint venture between Tata and AIG Group. A network of more than 5800 hospitals is available to the company.
3. Max Bupa Health Insurance
With Max Bupa insurance, you have access to hospital networks and can file a claim cashlessly. A network of more than 5000 hospitals is available to the company.
4. ICICI Lombard Health Insurance
As per IRDA, 98.32% of claims have been settled. There is a very high ICR of 80.38%, which indicates that people are renewing and claiming the policy.
5. Star Health Insurance
A variety of health insurance policies are offered by Star Health Insurance for individuals, families, senior citizens, and those who need specialized care, such as heart patients and cancer patients. With a network of 9900+ hospitals, Star has a claims settlement rate of 98.72% and an ICR of 60.51%.
Type of Health Insurance Policies in India :
- Family Floater Health Insurance Policies
- Senior Citizen Health Insurance Policies
- Top-up and Super Top-up Insurance Policies
- Policies Covering Specific Illnesses Such as Cancer or Heart Disease
- Individual Health Plans
Here are some things you should know about health insurance :
- Buying insurance from a reputed broker is always a good idea.
- Buying health policies online is also cheaper than buying them offline. Make sure all the requested data is correctly and honestly declared.
- If you maintain a good BMI, exercise regularly, and don’t smoke, you can negotiate for lower premium rates.
- You should always disclose every detail of your illness, even if it seems inconsequential.
- The eldest member holds the family floater policy.
- The surviving family members must take out a new policy if the eldest dies.